The cottages are located about 7 miles East of the M6 (Junction 40, Penrith) and 11 miles away from Ullswater.
- From the M6 (Junction 40), take the A66 at the motorway exit roundabout
- After 0.25 of a mile you come to another roundabout where you take the A686 signposted to Alston
- After about 4 miles turn left onto the B6412
- After 2 miles, go through Great Salkeld
- 0.25 miles out of Great Salkeld turn right down Mill Lane (Sat Nav), signposted to Eden Lacy
- 0.75 of a mile there is a white gate signposted to Force Mill and Crakeld Holm
- Carry on up Mill Lane and Eden Lacy Lodge is 100 yards on your right after the white gate
Beware of the lambs in the springtime.
Grid reference: NY 559 380
Here is a video route to the cottages from the A686.
Top Tip – Splash Maps
If you’re into cycling and walking, like we are – a really cool alternative to a regular map are these fabric ‘Splash Maps‘. They’re waterproof and wearable. Stuff them into a pocket avoiding creases or tears.
You can create your own Splash Maps or choose from a selection already drawn up.